Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Morning Rapture: Beloved Margaret

In keeping with the name of this Weblog -- "Personal Effects" -- I'd like to offer something . . . well, personal.

Mrs. AhabYou see, today I celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary. And, in a unique bit of good fortune, I happen to have spent those two decades married to the most wonderful person in the world.

That is her to the left -- Mrs. Ahab, if you will. (I have thoughtfully chopped and blurred myself out of the picture; restoring me is left as an exercise for the reader.) I apologize for the quality of the photo, but it has been riding around in my wallet for the past two decades, as a surety against anxiety, fear, depression. Even today (especially today, in fact), just a glance at this picture is good for a smile.

Beloved Margaret -- how happy I am that we found each other, and that you've been patient enough to stick with me all these years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home